In this weeks guest post Carrie Greene addresses an issue that often gets in the way of developing your coaching business.
Stop Comparing Yourself: Improve Your Business and Focus By Being You
I received an email from a client…
“I am feeling crazy stuck in a comparison cycle today – and I have so much to do. Just wanted to share my mind-tape today in case you have any sage wisdom.”
When you play the comparison game it seems that you always fall on the short end of the stick.
Everyone else’s business is better. Everyone has more clients. Everyone is making more money. Everyone else is doing more than you. Everyone else can do it.
Now wait a minute. Is that really true?
If you are going to play the comparison game at least play full on.
When you find yourself stuck in the endless loop of “everyone is better than me” think about this:
- How many people have actually taken their idea and started a business?
- How many people have said to you… wow, that’s a great idea, I wish I could do something like that.
- How many people have taken any of the steps necessary to achieve their dream?
- How many people have taken the types of risks you have to better yourself?
- How many people have told you that they admire your courage or bravery?
- How many people have any sort of plan to take them to their goals?
- How many people have had the successes or achieved what you already have?
- What would happen in your life and business if you played the comparison game fairly?
About Carrie Greene
Carrie Greene is a speaker, author and business coach.
Carrie helps entrepreneurs get clear on what they want and understand their value in the marketplace. Carrie helps her clients create simple and straight-forward plans to get where they want with a smile on their faces while they increase their profits.
Carrie spent fifteen years on Wall Street in marketing and product development for major brokerage firms and The New York Stock Exchange. She is the author of “Chaos to Cash: An Entrepreneur’s Guide to Eliminating Chaos, Overwhelm and Procrastination So you Can Create Ultimate Profit!” and the forthcoming book “The Value Formula: 5 Steps to Knowing What You Are Worth and Getting It”